Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joe Obernberger <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/26 14:01:41 UTC

Solr 8.2.0 - Schema issue

Hi All - I have several solr collections all with the same schema.  If I
add a field to the schema and index it into the collection on which I
added the field, it works fine.  However, if I try to add a document to
a different solr collection that contains the new field (and is using
the same schema), I get an error that the field doesn't exist.

If I restart the cluster, this problem goes away and I can add a
document with the new field to any solr collection that has the schema.
Any work-arounds that don't involve a restart?

Thank you!

-Joe Obernberger

Re: Solr 8.2.0 - Schema issue

Posted by Joe Obernberger <jo...@gmail.com>.
Erick - tried this, had to run it async, but it's been running for over
24 hours on one collection with:

{
   "responseHeader":{
     "status":0,
     "QTime":18326},
   "status":{
     "state":"submitted",
     "msg":"found [5] in submitted tasks"}}

I don't see anything in the logs.

-Joe

Re: Solr 8.2.0 - Schema issue

Posted by Joe Obernberger <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr 8.2.0 - Schema issue

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr 8.2.0 - Schema issue

Posted by Joe Obernberger <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr 8.2.0 - Schema issue

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
Not sure i understood the whole scenario. However did you try to reload (not reindex) the collection