Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2002/03/02 17:21:11 UTC

Another XML question

In mod_include I hvae a link that looks like:

What is the correct way to do this with the <module> tag?

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
As we trace our own few circles around the sun

Re: Another XML question

Posted by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org>.
On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Our format is based on xhtml.  I don't see any reason to invent new markup
> when good existing markup exists.  Now, it might be nice to differentiate
> between links internal to the apache docs, and links to external
> resources, but I've been trying to limit the number of tags and options so
> that we keep things simple.

+1. I guess it is possible to add a transform or two for href:s, should
one want to turn the xml into something other than xhtml.

The xhtml tags I really would like to keep out of our xml are the table
stuff (since they can be darned hard to translate into something else.)
But I guess that won't be possible...

--
.---------------------.
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |
| Ringen 4B           |    .--------------------.
| 78444 Borlänge   .--'----' http://gnulix.com/ `---------.
| Sweden           |  All views and opinions are my own,  |
`------------------| PH:+46(0)24382823 PW:+46(0)707354360 |
                   `--------------------------------------'

Re: Another XML question

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Patrik Grip-Jansson wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > > In mod_include I hvae a link that looks like:
> > > What is the correct way to do this with the <module> tag?
> > I thought about that a little, and I think it is right the way it is.  A
> > <module> tag designates the name of a module.  If you want to link to a
> > module without using its name, an ordinary link is correct IMHO.
>
> Is really a good idea to use a html href? If we want to convert the xml
> into something else (pdf, clay tables, what ever) it's probably easier if
> we were to use some of our own markups.

Our format is based on xhtml.  I don't see any reason to invent new markup
when good existing markup exists.  Now, it might be nice to differentiate
between links internal to the apache docs, and links to external
resources, but I've been trying to limit the number of tags and options so
that we keep things simple.

Joshua.

Re: Another XML question

Posted by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org>.