Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2020/04/07 19:11:35 UTC

Daffodil hardcoded the namespace prefix?

Hi Folks,

Instead of using "dfdl" as the namespace prefix, I used "x"

xmlns:x="http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/dfdl-1.0/"

And I changed all namespace qualifiers from "dfdl:" to "x:"

Per the XML namespace specification this is perfectly legal. However, when I ran my DFDL schema I got this error:

[error] Schema Definition Error: Invalid dfdl annotation found: x:format

Huh?

Did Daffodil hardcode the namespace prefix? That is, if any namespace prefix other than "dfdl" is used in a DFDL schema, Daffodil fails?

/Roger

Re: Daffodil hardcoded the namespace prefix?

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
Alas, it's a longstanding bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-587
open since 2013, egad.

...mikeb
It's a bug if it does that. It's not supposed to be hard-coded, and isn't most places.

We do have some tests that don't use "dfdl" as the prefix, but obviously there is at least one rigidity where something isn't respecting namespace.

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.