Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Steve Cheng <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/05 22:45:12 UTC

Zookeeper Test Project

Hi,

The test project on the ProjectSuggestions page, to create tests for the
examples, sounded like a nice way to get started with ZooKeeper, I've
created one queue test and one lock test so far.

I'd like to make a good range of tests, a number of basic sanity ones like
the queue test, and some more involved ones like the lock test.  The lock
test does polling right now, another test would also test watching.  I think
it's useful to test both.

Any comments on this would be great, I noticed the bug about the test case
runtime so I'm not sure what that means for more tests, thanks,

Steven

Re: Zookeeper Test Project

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
> Sounds good, I have created an ASF JIRA account, but it doesn't look like I
> can attach a file in Step 2 of the "Create Issue" screen.  Do I have to
> create the jira first then attach the file?
Yes. Please take a look at

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HowToContribute

On some guidelines on contributing.

Thanks
mahadev

Re: Zookeeper Test Project

Posted by Steve Cheng <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mahadev,

   Can you please create a jira and upload the code to that jira for

Re: Zookeeper Test Project

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Steve,