Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2005/10/28 15:49:08 UTC

Netiquette

Recently, some provocative postings have appeared on this list. Probably
the poster's colorful language was meant to sound playful and bantering.
Unfortunately, it has offended some people. This would be a good time to
remind everyone that the Derby community prides itself on being open,
constructive, fact-based, and respectful. I trust that the poster will
not interpret this as a rebuke. The poster has made useful points and I
hope will continue to do so.

I offer the following piece of advice which newspaper editors used to
give their reporters: murder your darlings. That is, before hitting the
send key, remove the clever bits. Gray, humorless prose beats
misunderstood wit.

Cheers,
-Rick

Re: Netiquette