Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/23 15:33:41 UTC

Re: roller 3.1 posts links system problem

On 8/23/07, Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com> wrote:
> I have a strange problem when trying to deploy on centOS/tomcat 6 roller
> 3.1 with mysql5 connector-j5 (UTF8 DB and tomcat connector set to UTF8)
>
> On my dev PC I have the same roller 3.1 with the same exact DB and
> everything works fine.
>
> On the centos the specific post links do not work if they include
> special characters (see example below).

This is pretty mysterious. If your database and Tomcat configurations
are the same, then I cannot understand why the OS would make any
difference.

> Also, there is an exception throws (The stack trace below does not say
> much so I can't understand the problem).

That horrible exception just means that Roller has returned a 404 (and
yes, I know, 404s should not cause such exceptions -- I'm working on
fixing that now).

- Dave

Re: [OT] apache front for roller (was: roller 3.1 posts links system problem)

Posted by Wladimir Boton <wb...@gmail.com>.
I have the same problem and solved it using the command:

Jkoptions +ForwardURIEscaped

on the mod_jk.conf.

--
Wladimir Boton
http://www.wboton.com

[OT] apache front for roller (was: roller 3.1 posts links system problem)