Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Oscar Pernas <os...@pernas.es> on 2013/02/28 10:38:57 UTC

http_sender doesnt reconnect

Hi all,

Sorry for spamming, but I am making tests to my webservice client and I am
getting into one problem.

The webservice client is working well, if I remove the network cable, after
a while, function send_and_receive returns with a return node null.
If after that I plug the cable again, function never send a message again.
Have I have to do something for reconnecting? Debugging it, socket_fd is
still having a value, so is not creating a new one. Could be the problem?

regards

--
Óscar Pernas Plaza.

AW: http_sender doesnt reconnect

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
Hi Oskar

There is a lot to say or not to say about that.

But if your socket reports broken pipe then the application needs to close the socket and reopen it (either side)

ho wand if that is done for your selected transport sender/receiver used by axis2/c I dont know. bets you look into code for axis2c transport senders/listeners.

also suportive documents can be found at http://vouters.dyndns.org/tima/Unix-OpenVMS-pthreaded-signals-tcp-portable-example.html

and wiki knows a lot about tcp keep alive timer

Josef