Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Hi...@ext.cec.eu.int on 2006/01/25 16:44:31 UTC

Ibatis implicit rollbacks

Dear,
We have an application that uses Ibatis and Spring. As database we are using
Oracle 9.
The problem is that for each select we launch without a transaction, there
is a roolback done in oracle. No error trace in java or Oracle.
We then created another project where we simply use the ibatis framework
with a junit. We do a simple select and there also we have the same problem.
Oracle performs a rollback.
We already have several projects where we use the same configuration, schema
, and user and there everything is ok.
Is like there is a setting in the project that provoques the roolback. We
also created some other test projects in other computers/servers and we
still have the problem.
Are you aware of this problem caused by Ibatis? Could it be a problem with
Oracle?
Thnak you very much.
Best regards,
Hilde De Graeve

Re: Ibatis implicit rollbacks

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
I am not sure I understand the problem...does the rollback cause some
other side-effect?

Larry

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Are you using an EXTERNAL transaction manager?  If not, read on...

iBATIS will start, but not commit, transactions for selects by default.  If
this is happening, some transaction managers will try to automatically
rollback uncommitted transactions.  This sounds like the kind of problem you
are having.  To change this behavior, specify "commitRequired" on your
transaction manage like this:

<transactionManager commitRequired="true" ....>
</transactionManager>

Maybe this is the problem?  But this does not apply to EXTERNAL transaction
managers.

Jeff Butler