Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/06/26 08:42:07 UTC

New subproject logos

Here are some logos for the new subprojects
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88199325@N00/3661433605/

Please vote +1 if you like 'em and -1 if you don't.

Cheers,
Nige

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
+1

RE: New subproject logos

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
+1

Ashish

RE: New subproject logos

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
+1

Ashish

RE: New subproject logos

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
+1

Ashish

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Amar Kamat <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Amr Awadallah wrote:
> +1
>
> though, if you want to "spice" them up a bit we can have Aaron Newton
> perform some "genetic experiments" on them. e.g. check out the hive
> and jobtracker logos he created :)
+1. I liked the jobtracker logo :)
Amar

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Amar Kamat <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Amar Kamat <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Aaron Newton <nu...@cloudera.com>.
I'd be open to doing some more of these...

--
Aaron Newton
User Experience Developer

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Aaron Newton <nu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Aaron Newton
User Experience Developer

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Aaron Newton <nu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Aaron Newton
User Experience Developer

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Amr Awadallah <aa...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
It looks better when the elephant stands on the ground, imo.
Common should be moved down. Right now C overlaps with upper H.
It should be below to match the other 2 logos.
Enlargement of the elephant should be really small if needed at all.

+1

--Konstantin

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Lukáš Vlček wrote:
> Did you try to read the logo when it gets small?

If they're too small to read, then we shouldn't try to use these
fullword icons, but rather should use something like a favicon-sized
blue 'h', perhaps with a subscripted yellow c, m, or hardrive icon.

Doug

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Did you try to read the logo when it gets small? I mean, was the intention
to distinguish the subproject just based on the lenght of the yellow text
below the Hadoop text? I think it gets unreadable when it gets small. What
if there will be a new subproject in the future having subname of the same
(more or less) lenght as "common". How would they differ?

Don't get me wrong, it is not personal. I think I know how hard it is to
create a good logo and I also know that the community sometimes tends to
accept early suggestions without healthy critics. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Lukas

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Amr Awadallah <aa...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Amr Awadallah <aa...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Chris Douglas <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

RE: New subproject logos

Posted by "Jim Kellerman (POWERSET)" <Ji...@microsoft.com>.
So will you post the new ones?

---
Jim Kellerman, Powerset (Live Search, Microsoft Corporation)

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

They will need significant mods to make small versions.  Perhaps the
elephant plus a few letters (C, MR or H) could be used for small square
icons.

Re: New subproject logos

Posted by Chris Douglas <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1