Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> on 2015/11/02 17:15:41 UTC

How to access payload from REST 404 reply in cxfrs?

I put this up on stackoverflow... if you have cxfrs expertise, could you please read this?

How to access payload from REST 404 response in Camel cxfrs?
http://stackoverflow.com/q/33445686/240342?sem=2

Thanks,
-Steve

RE: How to access payload from REST 404 reply in cxfrs?

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
I got this working... thank you to Sergey and Kalyan for your assistance. After following your trails around and learning some more, I found that the main issue was that I had defined the return type for my REST operation as String, so Camel was dutifully converting to that and I did not have a Response to get the code from. After I changed the return type from String to Response, things started working.

If it appears that I've got something confused still, I'm happy to hear about it.

-Steve

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Thank you for the idea, Kalyan, but that didn’t work.

Is it true that there’s no access to the payload one it’s touched? I can see the payload if no exception is thrown (e.g., a normal 200 response).

Thanks,
-Steve

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
[...]

[Camel (rraaCamelContext) thread #2 - seda://from_rraa] ERROR my.module.ExceptionProcessor - Incoming response (plain):

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: How to access payload from REST 404 reply in cxfrs?

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi