Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Marek Šurek <ma...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2013/09/19 15:31:59 UTC

New RDFBean 1.7 release + Spring Data RDF initiative

Dear semantic community,
we are proud to announce a new version of RDFBean project which serves as Object/RDF mapping solution with Hibernate-like capabilities.

Except regular bugfixes, 1.7 release comes with numerous important features and improvements :

1. RDFBean 1.7 switches from Sesame 3.0 branch which is currently frozen to the latest Sesame version 2.7.6. We believe that this step rapidly improve usability of RDFBean framework as it brings most up-dated version of one of the best triplestore frameworks.

2. Add support for Sesame's remote repositories(HTTPRepository). This new feature is important mainly for enterprise users which use solutions like OWLIM. From this release these users have access to RDFBean functionalities.
3. Improved and updated documentation with more examples and better descriptions.
Sources to project : https://github.com/mysema/rdfbean
Documentation could be found here : http://source.mysema.com/static/rdfbean/latest/reference/html/

Maven dependencies of core module :

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.mysema.rdf</groupId>
    <artifactId>rdfbean-core</artifactId>
    <version>1.7.0</version>
</dependency>

We will appreciate any feedback and feature request which will improve productivity of the framework.

In cooperation with RDFBean, we initiate Spring Data RDF project which
should help semantic developers to easily build new projects using
Spring Data patterns. We believe Spring integration could speed up expansion of semantic
technologies in business projects. At this stage, Spring Data RDF is
unofficial Spring Data project which has ambition to apply for official
Spring Source registration. As the project is in early stages, I will appreciate any feedback and feature request from community. Until then project sources could be found
here :

https://bitbucket.org/xsurekm/spring-data-rdf
The user documentation : https://bitbucket.org/xsurekm/spring-data-rdf/wiki/Basic_configuration

Community forum : http://groups.google.com/d/forum/spring-data-rdf

We encourage all developers to join forces and create one leading framework for all triplestores repositories which could be used easily used in any project in "standardized" API by community. Therefore any participation in developement is welcomed.

Best regards,
Spring Data RDF Team

Re: New RDFBean 1.7 release + Spring Data RDF initiative

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
This isn't Jena-related as far as I can see (and the system is LGPL).

Do people want or not want such stray general announcement messages on
this list?

As the sender isn't subscribed, it's a list-moderator decision. There
aren't typically very many.

     Andy