Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/06 19:02:42 UTC

Draft Board Report for Apr 2017

Hello,

The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due by
Wednesday, Apr 12 . Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
I plan to submit on 11 Apr.

Mike

-----------------------

 - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust,
   scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
   access control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on
   Google's BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop,
   Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:

 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

 - Apache Accumulo celebrated its 5th anniversay as a top level project on
   Mar 21 [1].  The project continues to drive toward a 2.0 release.

## Health report:

 - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
   JIRA remain constant.

## PMC changes:

 - After 5 years of Billie Rinaldi's leadership, Michael Wall was adopted
   as the new PMC Chair in Mar.
 - Currently 29 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Mike Walch on Wed Nov 02 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 29 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Mike Walch at Thu Nov 03 2016

## Releases:

 - 1.7.3 was released on Sat Mar 25 2017
 - 1.8.1 was released on Sun Feb 26 2017

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@accumulo.apache.org:
    - 229 subscribers (down -2 in the last 3 months):

 - notifications@accumulo.apache.org:

 - user@accumulo.apache.org:
    - 397 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):

## JIRA activity:

[1]:
https://accumulo.apache.org/blog/2017/03/21/happy-anniversary-accumulo.html

Re: Draft Board Report for Apr 2017

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Josh for the edits.  Thanks Christopher and Drew for the feedback.
I'll make Josh's suggested edits and get this in today.

Mike

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org>.
+1