Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/21 15:04:47 UTC

error when building

is anyone seeing errors like this on 4.4 or even 4.3 branch:

[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-vmware-base:4.3.2 (/opt/cloudstack/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack:pom:4.3.2 in central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 24, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
INFO[0041] The command [/bin/sh -c cd /opt/cloudstack;     mvn -Pdeveloper -Dsimulator -DskipTests clean install] returned a non-zero code: 1

Re: error when building

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 23, 2015, at 4:44 AM, Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

>>> Looks like the source is in /opt, make sure the source repo is owned by
>>> the user with suitable file mod bits so that they can build it and
>>> access ~/.m2 directory. Lastly, make sure to install nonoss libs before
>>> you build, you can use this repo
>>> https://github.com/bhaisaab/cloudstack-nonoss (I use this to build
>>> ShapeBlue's CloudStack nonoss builds).
>>
>> It's a simulator build, why would i need the nonoss bits ?
>
> I see the build failed while building cloud-vmware-base, AFAIK our maven
> build systemm, probably -Dnonoss or -Dnoredist (4.3) was passed.

Thanks for the pointer, I figured it out and indeed I was messing things up with the path when copying the code over to the container.

Re: error when building

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Re: error when building

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: error when building

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

On Saturday 21 February 2015 07:34 PM, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
> is anyone seeing errors like this on 4.4 or even 4.3 branch:
>
> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR]   The project org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-vmware-base:4.3.2 (/opt/cloudstack/pom.xml) has 1 error
> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack:pom:4.3.2 in central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 24, column 11 -> [Help 2]
> [ERROR]

Looks like the source is in /opt, make sure the source repo is owned by
the user with suitable file mod bits so that they can build it and
access ~/.m2 directory. Lastly, make sure to install nonoss libs before
you build, you can use this repo
https://github.com/bhaisaab/cloudstack-nonoss (I use this to build
ShapeBlue's CloudStack nonoss builds). Check the CloudStack version in

Re: error when building

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Sebastien, I have no experience with that env but your error message
does not show relation to this specifically. It seems that some disk
problem occurred as in the middel of the build some project cannot
find the the root pom.xml

--
Daan

Re: error when building