Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com> on 2005/05/26 00:31:57 UTC

3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.

If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
might have solved this problem already.

Jamie

Re: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
I ended up using the rewrite filter and created regex rules for each
service. It's working great.

This is all 3.0, not any Picasso code. Howard, were you referring to
Picasso?

Jamie

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I think you should be able to do some of the mapping from within
Tapestry/HiveMind.  The ServiceEncoders should be capable of emulating
most of Paul's approach for 3.0.

On 5/25/05, Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
> 3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
> occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.
>
> If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
> might have solved this problem already.
>
> Jamie

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
I wrote my own servlet filter for this. I found that the regex were
too complex and also I wanted to transform the parameters and use the
DataSqueezer. I can share the code if you are interested.

On 5/25/05, Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
> 3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
> occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.
>
> If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
> might have solved this problem already.
>
> Jamie

Henri.

Re: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
I wrote my own servlet filter for this. I found that the regex were
too complex and also I wanted to transform the parameters and use the
DataSqueezer. I can share the code if you are interested.

On 5/25/05, Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
> 3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
> occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.
>
> If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
> might have solved this problem already.
>
> Jamie

Henri.