Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Wesley Craft <wc...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/19 16:31:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache parsing PHP 'and' SSI tags in v1.3?

Hello. I was unable to find an answer to this in the archives.

I have a web server running Apache 1.3.37 and has thousands of pages named
.html which are parsed for SSI tags.

I am seem unable to configure apache to parse .html pages for both SSI tags
AND php tags at the same time.

However, in Apache v2.0 on another server this works beautifully.

Can anyone help me with the configuration, or is this simply a limitation of
the older version?

Thanks!

-Wes

Re: [users@httpd] Apache parsing PHP 'and' SSI tags in v1.3?

Posted by Wesley Craft <wc...@gmail.com>.
That does make sense, but I'm a one-person programming team. So with a
[very] tight delivery schedule, I can't afford the time to trudge through
the code and change all of my thousands of existing SSI tags to PHP. This is
also considering that a good number of those SSI tags include overly
complicated Perl 3 and 4 scripts. This is a major overhaul to bring an old
v1.3.37 server onto the Apache 2 platform.

I have a Fedora development box that I'm testing a lot of my migrations
against. It's running Apache 2.2. The production servers are running the
latest version available from the Red Hat repos.

I need to support the old while migrating to the new...

-Wes

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Wesley Craft wrote:
> How different is 2.2 from 2.0? My production servers are presently
> in-use for some tasks and are running 2.0, the latest in the red hat
> repo. I'm trying to make sure that my migration to 2.0 will upgrade
> easily to 2.2 when Red Hat releases it...

Then ask RedHat - they do their own thing about layouts/configs etc.

Mostly, it's changes to the auth schema (modules renamed, etc) and much
better proxy/cache conformance.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache parsing PHP 'and' SSI tags in v1.3?

Posted by Wesley Craft <wc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Wesley Craft <wc...@gmail.com>.
Bummer. We are in the middle of a migration to v2.0 that will take several
months. Was hoping I could do this quickly, but <shrug> oh well.

Thanks for the reply..

-Wes

On 3/19/07, Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote:

> On 3/19/07, Wesley Craft <wc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help me with the configuration, or is this simply a
> limitation of
> > the older version?
>
> It's a limitation of apache 1.3.  Use 2.x.
>
> Joshua.

Wesley M. Craft Sr.
Internet Technical Director
Capital-Gazette Communications, Inc.
2000 Capital Drive, Annapolis, Maryland 21401
443-482-3132 / 410-280-5969 x3132
wcraft@capitalgazette.com

Re: [users@httpd] Apache parsing PHP 'and' SSI tags in v1.3?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Authentication & Authorization

Posted by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> I have a few questions about the authentication & authorization methods
> within Apache.  We have requirements to do Kerberos Authentication & LDAP
> Authorization.  How would we implement this type of request within apache?
> Do we use mod_authnz_ldap or is there some sort of Kerberos module we need
> to use?  Any advise you all can give or point me in the direction of a web
> site to read would greatly be appreciated.

kerberos module for apache:
http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/

how-to from microsoft knowledge base:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555092

Regards,

Gaël

PS: did you try googling before asking? ;-)

Posted by Paul Matthews <pa...@opensourcehowto.org>.
Hi there,

I think this might be what your looking for

Setup Apache2 with OpenLDAP Authentication
http://www.opensourcehowto.org/how-to/apache/setup-apache2-with-openldap-authentication.html

there is a  heap of other information about apache on my website if you
want to have a look

--
OpenSourceHowTo.org
[url]http://www.opensourcehowto.org/[/url]