Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com> on 2023/04/13 19:35:04 UTC

[HEADS UP] ASF/Maven parent poms

Hi.

I would like to release the next version of parent poms.

ASF -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MPOM%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20ASF-30
Maven -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MPOM%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20MAVEN-40

With already merged changes we can start using JDK 20 for builds.

Issues to discus:

ASF:
MPOM-398 - Bump maven-help-plugin from 3.3.0 to 3.4.0 - 3.4.0 requires
Maven 3.6.3, but whole build requires 3.2.5 it is some of inconsistency for
me
MPOM-289 - Use properties to define the versions of plugins - I hope it can
be useful
MPOM-344 - we need a new release of maven-remote-resources-plugin
MPOM-394 - we need a new release of Maven Project Info Reports Plugin to
3.4.3

Maven:
MPOM-414 - newer version of spotless require JDK 11+

Please comment / discuss in jira because we many case and on ML we can
introduce a mess

--
Sławomir Jaranowski

Re: [HEADS UP] ASF/Maven parent poms

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
I will take care of MPIR release.

Re: [HEADS UP] ASF/Maven parent poms

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
On 13.04.23 21:35, Slawomir Jaranowski wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I would like to release the next version of parent poms.
>
> ASF -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MPOM%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20ASF-30
> Maven -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MPOM%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20MAVEN-40
>
> With already merged changes we can start using JDK 20 for builds.

Great...

> Issues to discus:
>
> ASF:
> MPOM-398 - Bump maven-help-plugin from 3.3.0 to 3.4.0 - 3.4.0 requires
> Maven 3.6.3, but whole build requires 3.2.5 it is some of inconsistency for
> me
> MPOM-289 - Use properties to define the versions of plugins - I hope it can
> be useful
> MPOM-344 - we need a new release of maven-remote-resources-plugin
> MPOM-394 - we need a new release of Maven Project Info Reports Plugin to
> 3.4.3
>
> Maven:
> MPOM-414 - newer version of spotless require JDK 11+

We could build with JDK11 or even JDK17 and use "--release" to produce
JDK8 compatible code... ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Herve Boutemy <hb...@apache.org>.
that's why the documentation site for parent POMs has a "History" section that provides links to diff:
https://maven.apache.org/pom-archives/asf-LATEST/#history

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
The abundance of Maven warnings is indeed annoying, but it seems like
normal growing pains while migration to new versions of plugins is in
progress ;-) which is a good thing overall IMO.

Gary

Posted by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.