Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael <Mi...@bio-world.com> on 2005/07/05 18:20:52 UTC

autolearn=failed

When I receive spam msgs I have this line in headers autolearn=failed .I tried to look it on wiki but I couldn't find anything. I know it that the SA cannot gain lock on bayes database. I checked  maillog file but I couldn't find anything that was suspicious. Anybody could help me with this one ?

Re: autolearn=failed

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Michael wrote:
> When I receive spam msgs I have this line in headers autolearn=failed .I
> tried to look it on wiki but I couldn't find anything. I know it that
> the SA cannot gain lock on bayes database. I checked  maillog file but I
> couldn't find anything that was suspicious. Anybody could help me with
> this one ?

Occasional (or even semi-frequent) failure to get lock is a normal thing.

All it means is that another SA process was already updating the database, due
to some other message being autolearned, or the expiry process running. Rather
than hold up the mail queue waiting for the previous process to finish, SA fails
to learn the message and moves on.

Unless you always get autolearn=failed, don't worry about it.

RE: autolearn=failed

Posted by Sander Holthaus - Orange XL <in...@orangexl.com>.
File-permission issue?

  _____