Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Erdősi Péter <fa...@niif.hu> on 2013/10/21 19:27:05 UTC

ACS 4.2 shibboleth

Dear,

Does anyone know about working shibboleth authentication in ACS (4.2)?

Thanks,
  Peter

Re: ACS 4.2 shibboleth

Posted by Erdősi Péter <fa...@niif.hu>.
Hi,

I'll need to auth by shibboleth cause impossible to connect all ldap
servers in eduid alliance.
So yes, some kind of plugin would be very welcome :)

Regards,
  Fazy

Re: ACS 4.2 shibboleth

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: ACS 4.2 shibboleth

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Hi,

Re: ACS 4.2 shibboleth

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Hi Peter,

>From my knowledge your second idea should be doable with as a "quick n
dirty" solution.

As you are already aware when a user hits command?login with successful
credentials a session key is returned, this session key is stored within a
cookie and passed with every command.
Along with this a JSESSIONID is generated.

Assuming you can capture this data(SessionKey and JSESSIONID) and create a
cookie valid for your management servers domain prior to the user accessing
the UI they will be greeted with the dashboard instead of the login page.

Hope this is of use,
Ian

Re: ACS 4.2 shibboleth

Posted by Erdősi Péter <fa...@niif.hu>.