Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/09 01:21:51 UTC

Use Gauge metric instead of Histogram where applicable PR #4327

Chetan opened this PR
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/4327 which fixes an
issue with using historgrams for some metrics where gauges should be used
instead. There was a brief exchange on slack [1, 2] in favor of this change.

The PR has two commits, the first I think is fine and non-breaking. The
second change as Chetan notes is "sort of a breaking change" but I agree
which him in that the existing histograms do not look very useful in some
cases.

If you're interested in this PR please have a look and comment, otherwise
will apply lazy consensus to merge it.

-r

[1]
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1552009389150600?thread_ts=1551982869.141200&cid=C3TPCAQG1

[2]
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1552014636150800?thread_ts=1551982869.141200&cid=C3TPCAQG1

Re: Use Gauge metric instead of Histogram where applicable PR #4327

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chettam for fixing we saw this problem in prod.

+1

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>