Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Meskauskas Audrius <au...@bluewin.ch> on 2005/08/11 10:13:57 UTC

No any dependency on external CORBA classes found during Geronimo build - how this could be?

Hello,

Thanks to Jeff, we have no longer any problems with building Geronimo
using Maven 1.0.2. The two tests about Kerberos fail, but this problem
is probably transient and not CORBA related.

My idea was to check your dependencies on the  proprietary com.sun.corba
packages. I started from the source code scan and found no string
"com.sun.corba" at all. The substring "import<space>sun.com" is also
never present.

Next, I decided to build Geronimo with JDK 1.5 that, following the Wiki
notes, should not succeed. Surprisingly, the build have not reported any
missing classes and passed all tests, except the same two mentioned above.

Finally, I launched build under JDK with all omg.org domain removed from
rt.jar. Even in this case, the build succeeds without reporting any
missing classes and passing the same set of tests as with complete jdk.

Hence

1. You link some external library with org.omg classes. Could you tell
me, where and which one?
2. Would you be so kind as to tell, in which module and package your
dependencies from the Sun specific CORBA packages are located?
3. I conclude that Geronimo itself is not dependent on Sun's CORBA, as
the absence of CORBA has no impact on the test results. Probably CORBA
is used by the user-supplied beans only? Do you have tests with such
beans for Geronimo?

Cheers
Audrius

Re: No any dependency on external CORBA classes found during Geronimo build - how this could be?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
With the exception of the corba spec module, which contains essentially
only generated code, all the corba code is in openejb.  At the moment
due to our somewhat broken build procedure the easiest way to
successfully build openejb is as a single maven multiproject together
with geronimo.  To set this up, run

maven -o m:co
to check out the openejb source

maven [-o]