Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by rachid harradi <ra...@gmx.net> on 2006/09/25 13:44:50 UTC

HTMLGenerator generate Tree Files

Hello Together,

I have generator, which procudes three files(.xml, .xsl, .xsl). I would like to send this tree files on differently pipeline. how i can do it?

RE: RE: RE: HTMLGenerator generate Tree Files

Posted by Geert Josten <ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi Rachid,

Aha, becoming a bit clearer. You are reading the HTML, distilling XML and XSL's out of it, applying the XSL's to the XML and producing XSL-FO all in one generator?

If your WH2FO parser is XSLT based, you can use Cocoon piping to connect it all together and skip manual file and buffer writing. You would need something like:

- One pipe to consume the HTML using the Jtidy generator
- Three pipes that produce the XML, XSL 1 and XSL 2 respectively, using the first pipe
(the first pipe will be executed only once thanks to the Cocoon internal caching mechanism)
- One pipe to get the XML and apply the two XSL's
- One pipe to get the result and apply FOP serializer if appropriate

Most tricky part is the pipe before the last, though not that complex either. It could look like:

<map:match pattern="apply-stylesheets/**">		<!-- ** represents path to html file -->
	<map:generate src="cocoon:/get-xml/{1}" />	<!-- call to pipeline that converts html to xml -->
	<map:transform src="cocoon:/get-first-xsl/{1}" />
	<map:transform src="cocoon:/get-second-xsl/{1}" />
	<map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>

Implementing the above gives you separate pipes for the three files: xml, xsl 1 and xsl 2, an additional pipe to read any HTML file, a pipe to connect the three files to create XSL-FO, and as many additional pipes as you like to serialize the XSL-FO to as many formats as you like (or supported).

Does this help?

Kind regards,
Geert

Datum: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:02:41 +0200
Von: "Geert Josten" <ge...@daidalos.nl>
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: RE: RE: HTMLGenerator generate Tree Files

Posted by Geert Josten <ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi Rachid,

Posted by rachid harradi <ra...@gmx.net>.
Hello Josten,

[...]

            throw new ProcessingException("Exception in StreamGenerator.generate()", e);
Datum: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:11:00 +0200
Von: "Geert Josten" <ge...@daidalos.nl>
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: RE: HTMLGenerator generate Tree Files