Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by 徐保荣 <lu...@aloudata.com> on 2022/02/08 08:20:03 UTC

Some questions With code reading about Materialized Views

hello,
     I'm reading code anout materialized views , up to now,I have accumulated a lot of problems ,These problems keeps making me puzzled.

      question1:
             what is the schema for query it‘s related materialized views(MaterializationService.query(CalciteSchema rootSchema)),I debug test case,but it is empty。
             recently,I have read the paper:Optimizing queries using materialized views: A practical, scalable solution,It mentioned  a filter tree to find materialized views fastly,is there has
             any engineering practice?

   question2:
               can you  give some examples for the  applicableMaterializations and latticeUses(in method registerMaterializations)?and differences Compared to the first
            one(materializationUsers)

I look forward to hearing from you very much
thanks

 rules transformation

Re: Some questions With code reading about Materialized Views

Posted by 徐仁和 <xu...@gmail.com>.
Hi luchen.xu

'SlotCount' may mean how many QueryOperand and TargetOperand in an operand
tree.
Link to `org.apache.calcite.plan.SubstitutionVisitor.SlotCounter`

Hope it will help you

Thanks
XuRenhe

徐保荣 <lu...@aloudata.com> 于2022年2月9日周三 15:25写道: