Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Anup K M <an...@elmeasure.com> on 2020/09/21 07:27:59 UTC

Connection error

Hi, I got some PLC4X connection error while running .jar file in command
prompt, but when I run the same source code on the IntelliJ environment its
getting executing properly and working properly. I gone through the error
by debugging and got this "org.apache.plc4x.java.spi.transport.Transport"
for this interface the IntelliJ is providing the .class implementation. How
to run on the command prompt, please help me out.

--

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you

Please,
consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail ask
yourself: "Do I need a hard copy?"

Re: Connection error

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Anup,

I think the main difference is that when running in IntelliJ you use the full classpath defined by maven.
If you run on the commandline and just pass in the jar, you only have that jar in your classpath and no dependencies.

In our examples we build fat-jars for that. These are ... well ... fat jars that contain all the resouces of the original jar and additionally all resources of transitive dependencies.

However you gotta be careful. If you simply create a fat-jar the resources in "META-INF/services" will overwrite each other ... so be sure to add some processing to merge these resources.

This could be a reason for the problem you are seeing. Please see the PLC4X java examples on how to configure this.

Chris

Am 22.09.20, 14:16 schrieb "Anup K M" <an...@elmeasure.com>:

    Hi any updates on the above mentioned error.

    Thanks and regards,
    Anup K M

Re: Connection error

Posted by Anup K M <an...@elmeasure.com>.