Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2002/08/01 08:47:22 UTC

Fw: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hello World Benchmarks - Apache C API, HelloDB

Some nice performance numbers about Embperl 2.0b8 ...

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Should I/we be concerned about the amount of memory Embperl uses in
> comparison to the other methods in the Benchmark 2000?  What uses all
> the memory and do you feel that is an accurate representation of the
> module based on the testing parameters/conditions?

I just done a quick run of the benchmark (hello2000) on my machine and get
different numbers for memory. While Apache::ASP and Mason take about 60MB of
memory, Embperl only takes 40MB (both 1.3. and 2.0 are about the same).

So it seems that don't have to be concerned about memory usage, because the
numbers on Joshuas website seems not to be ok (1.3 is to low and 2.0 is to
high). The numbers of this quick test also correlate to my personal
experiences.

I will get in touch with Joshua to figure out what has gone wrong and let
you know if I find out anything new

Gerald

Re: Fw: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hello World Benchmarks - Apache C API, HelloDB

Posted by Aaron Johnson <so...@gina.net>.
Should I/we be concerned about the amount of memory Embperl uses in
comparison to the other methods in the Benchmark 2000?  What uses all
the memory and do you feel that is an accurate representation of the
module based on the testing parameters/conditions?

Aaron