Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthias Dorfner <po...@matthias-dorfner.de> on 2008/09/28 13:28:32 UTC

Problems with path in pom (windows)

Hi everybody,

I tried to integrate umlgraph to my pom. It looks as following:

<reporting>
      <plugins>
         <plugin>
            <configuration>
              <doclet>gr.spinellis.umlgraph.doclet.UmlGraph</doclet>
              <docletPath>C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\Matty\.m2\repository\UMLGraph-5.1\lib\UmlGraph.jar</docletPath>
              <docletArtifact>
                <groupId>gr.spinellis</groupId>
                <artifactId>UmlGraph</artifactId>
                <version>4.4</version>
              </docletArtifact>
              <additionalparam>-views</additionalparam>
            </configuration>
         </plugin>
      </plugins>
   </reporting>

I always get this error while running the mvn site plugin:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Exit code: 1 - javadoc:
error - Ca
nnot find doclet class gr.spinellis.umlgraph.doclet.UmlGraph

Command line was:E:\jdk1.6.7\jre\..\bin\javadoc.exe @options @packages

I tried it with several properties, different slashes but javadoc never
finds my downloaded umlgraph.jar .

What's wrong? How do you normally integrate path details in my pom with
windows? Is it different to e.g. linux?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Matthias

Re: Problems with path in pom (windows)

Posted by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com>.
I actually set my local repo in my settings.xml to C:\opt\.m2 to avoid
spaces.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Matthias Dorfner
> <po...@matthias-dorfner.de> wrote:
>
> > I tried to integrate umlgraph to my pom. It looks as following:
> >              <docletPath>C:\Dokumente und
> >
> Einstellungen\Matty\.m2\repository\UMLGraph-5.1\lib\UmlGraph.jar</docletPath>
>
> Most likely the spaces in the path are causing problems.
>
> The best bet is to install the jar into your local repository using
> "mvn install:install-file", and then use docletArtifact instead of
> docletPath, as shown here:
>

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/alternate-doclet.html
>
> The UMLGraph artifacts belong in groupId=gr.spinellis and
> artifactId=UmlGraph , see
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/gr/spinellis/UmlGraph/
>
> (Adding arbitrary paths to ~/.m2/repository as you've done, apparently
> by unpacking the UMLGraph distribution, isn't recommended.  The local
> repository has a specific format.)
>
> If you are working with a team and have a shared (internal) "remote"
> repository, then deploy the artifact there instead, and/or submit it
> for upload to the central repo.
>
> --
> Wendy

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson
BASE Logic, inc.
(415) 354-4215

Website: http://baselogic.com
Blog: http://baselogic.com/blog
BLiNC Magazine: http://blincmagazine.com
DJ Mick: http://djmick.com
MySpace: http://myspace.com/mickknutson

Re: Problems with path in pom (windows)

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

AW: Problems with path in pom (windows)

Posted by Matthias Dorfner <po...@matthias-dorfner.de>.
Thx Wendy And Martin, it works fine now using UmlGraph 4.6!

Regards,
Matthias

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Matthias-