Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vandana Kanchanapalli <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/15 07:32:38 UTC

Hadoop 0.21.0 and eclipse europa compatibility issue

Hi,
I am facing this problem with eclipse europa version. I am using
hadoop-0.21.0. After adding the hadoop-eclipse plugin to the IDE, I started
to use the map/reduce perspective. In the Map/Reduce Locations I am unable
to add the new hadoop location after clicking the blue elephant button. The
window asking for server information doesnot pop up. Is it version
incompatibility problem. Should I use alternate versions of hadoop? Can you
please solve this problem for me

Re: Hadoop 0.21.0 and eclipse europa compatibility issue

Posted by SuhasKulkarni <su...@yahoo.com>.
I ran into exact same issue and installed Eclipse 3.3.2.  The problem did not
go away.

Re: Hadoop 0.21.0 and eclipse europa compatibility issue

Posted by 顾荣 <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
 You can try hadoop-0.20.2 with Eclipse 3.3,that is recommended.

Regards
Walker Gu.