Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Bjoern <bj...@gmx.net> on 2001/05/01 15:04:46 UTC

persistent DBI conncetions

Hi all,

does anyone know if the DBI interface in Embedded Perl  can make
persistent connections ?
I saw the some newsletters which denied this ! I this right ?

regards,
--
*** Bjoern Teipel ***
E-Mail 	: mailto:bjoern.t@gmx.net

Re: persistent DBI conncetions

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> does anyone know if the DBI interface in Embedded Perl  can make
> persistent connections ?

As with any module that is running under mod_perl, you can use Apache::DBI
to have persitent database connections. If you running as CGI, you can use a
patched version of DBIProxy to get the same result. (The patch isn't part of
the release DBIProxy yet, but I send it to Tim Bunce and I hope he gets
around to put it in the next DBI release. Until then I can send it to you,
but it's only necessay in CGI mode)

> I saw the some newsletters which denied this ! I this right ?

Where did you read such a nonsense ? Would be interesting for me who is
writing such wrong things ?

Gerald