Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Saji Cactus <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/20 06:58:34 UTC

problem

I am new to Cactus. I want to know if I could test a series of test cases which included JSP's and servlets. This is for an integration testing. I f any of you guys have implemented this form of testing can you please send me a sample code.

RE: problem

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Saji,

Cactus will let you test one HTTP one request/one HTTP response at a
time. If your servlet/jsp/filter that you call in turn does an include()
or forward(), it will work fine as this is still within the same HTTP
request.

If on the other hand it does a redirect for example, then Cactus will
not follow the redirect. The idea is that you would then break your full
HTTP conversation into several test cases.

See the FAQ (one entry discusses this).

Thanks
-Vincent