Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Manna Chang <mc...@foundationmedicine.com> on 2015/05/29 23:49:14 UTC

Document Analyzer

I would like to use Document Analyzer after using CPE. From the installation of cTakes 3.2.2, I saw a folder in the Bin called ctakes-ytex which contains a script dbannotationviewer.bat
However it looks a bit different from UIMA tutorial and developer's guide. Is there anyway to find the Analyzer?

Thanks,
-Manna

This communication and any files transmitted with it may contain information that is considered to be confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. This message is intended for Foundation Medicine-affiliated use and that of the intended recipient only and may contain information that is protected by Foundation Medicine policies and the HIPAA Privacy Rule, 45 CFR � 164.500. This communication is intended solely for the use of intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Document Analyzer

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Manna,
I believe the ytex AnnotationViewer is a wrapper around UIMA's "Document
Analyzer" except that it can load in CAS's from a database instead.
You should still be able to use UIMA's default Document Analyzer to view
cTAKES output... (I think the thing to be aware of is that the viewer
currently requires the viewer to load the same type system config as what
was used to generate the CAS's)

I don't recall if the UIMA scripts are bundled together with cTAKES since
we just include the uima jar's so you might have to run that directly from
UIMA's bin directory or run the java main class:
org.apache.uima.tools.AnnotationViewerMain