Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sunil S Nandihalli <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/03 05:32:24 UTC

How to set job-priority on a hadoop job

Hi Everybody,
 I see that we can set job priority on a hadoop job. I have been trying to
do it using the following command.

hadoop job -set-priority job-id VERY_LOW

It does not seem to be working.. after that I noticed that
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hadoop/capacity_scheduler.html

says that the job-priority on a queue is disabled by default. I would like
to enable it. No amount of googling gave me an actionable to enable
priorities on job-queues. Can somebody help?
Thanks,
Sunil

RE: How to set job-priority on a hadoop job

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>.
Hi Sunil

In MR2v, there is no job priority. There is open Jira for ApplicationPriority that is still in progress.

You need to wait untill this feature comes up!!

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

Posted by Sunil S Nandihalli <su...@gmail.com>.
My hadoop version is

Hadoop 2.3.0-cdh5.1.0
Subversion git://github.sf.cloudera.com/CDH/cdh.git -r
8e266e052e423af592871e2dfe09d54c03f6a0e8
Compiled by jenkins on 2014-07-12T13:49Z
Compiled with protoc 2.5.0
>From source with checksum 7ec68264497939dee7ab5b91250cbd9
This command was run using
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.1.0-1.cdh5.1.0.p0.53/lib/hadoop/hadoop-common-2.3.0-cdh5.1.0.jar

Posted by Sunil S Nandihalli <su...@gmail.com>.
My hadoop version is

Posted by Sunil S Nandihalli <su...@gmail.com>.
My hadoop version is