Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/08 13:49:32 UTC

Remove Technorati references?

Team, in trunk we have a TechnoratiTopicTag plugin, useful for supplying
information about a blog entry to that service.  Trouble is, on the 'Net
I haven't seen any reference to Technorati tags more recent than 2011
(just one), while most other references are in the 2006-2009 time
period.  Checking the Technorati website, it's not even clear it's used
today (they don't even mention blogs on their home site anymore.)

We also have a few Technorati references remaining in the Planet code
and some of the templates, referring to Technorati rankings in planet
and "click to see who links to this blog article" in the fauxcoly theme.

Are these removable today?  I can remember a time, pre-Google, when
Technorati was a Big Thing but it seems like yesterday's news today, and
I'd like to avoid antiquated references in Roller.

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Remove Technorati references?

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
+0

Used to be relevant. I have no better current information.

Craig

On Jun 8, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Anil Gangolli wrote:

> +1
>
> On 6/8/14, 9:31 AM, Dave wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> I haven't used Technorati since the oughties.
>>
>> - Dave
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 7:49 AM, Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Team, in trunk we have a TechnoratiTopicTag plugin, useful for supplying
>>> information about a blog entry to that service.  Trouble is, on the 'Net I
>>> haven't seen any reference to Technorati tags more recent than 2011 (just
>>> one), while most other references are in the 2006-2009 time period.
>>>  Checking the Technorati website, it's not even clear it's used today (they
>>> don't even mention blogs on their home site anymore.)
>>>
>>> We also have a few Technorati references remaining in the Planet code and
>>> some of the templates, referring to Technorati rankings in planet and
>>> "click to see who links to this blog article" in the fauxcoly theme.
>>>
>>> Are these removable today?  I can remember a time, pre-Google, when
>>> Technorati was a Big Thing but it seems like yesterday's news today, and
>>> I'd like to avoid antiquated references in Roller.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Glen

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle