Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Martin Hewitt <ma...@thenoi.se> on 2011/11/18 22:12:03 UTC

CouchDB & WebSocket

Hi all,

We do a lot of work with WebSockets, internally and externally, and have found the solidifying drafts to be very good at increasing REST throughput, whilst avoiding the overhead of spinning up a new HTTP connection for each request.

I was wondering if there are any plans to add WebSocket support to CouchDB? Or is this dependent on MochiWeb?

Martin

Re: CouchDB & WebSocket

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@hahnca.com>.
>  FYI its easy to put node on top of couch an the use socket.io

+1  I'm using that in my current app.

Re: CouchDB & WebSocket

Posted by Max Ogden <ma...@gmail.com>.
FYI its easy to put node on top of couch an the use socket.io

Sent from my iPhone

Re: CouchDB & WebSocket

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.