Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/09/02 12:57:37 UTC

[DRAFT] September Board Report

Hi all …

I just prepared our board report and saved it as a draft … please review and give feedback if you want me to add/remove/change things …

Chris

________

The mission of the Apache PLC4X project is creating a set of libraries for
communicating with industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using a
variety of protocols but with a shared API.

## Issues:

None

## Membership Data:

Apache PLC4X was founded 2019-04-17 (a year ago) There are currently 16
committers and 10 PMC members in this project. The Committer-to-PMC ratio is
8:5.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Lukas Ott on 2020-03-17.
- No new committers. Last addition was Otto Fowler on 2020-04-30.

## Project Activity:

Version 0.7.0 was released on 2020-05-25 and we are working hard on making the
0.8.0 ready for release. In the past few weeks we did quite a number of bug
reports and feature requests which have mostly been addressed.

Also in the last few weeks a lot of new folks have been showing, up some of
which will probably be invited pretty to join the community soon, if they
continue the current level of activity.

Especially the new PLC4PY initiative, where a group of community members and
new folks have started working on porting PLC4J to Python is currently seeding
more activity in the community.

Another notable initiative is one to bring support for CAN bus communication
as well also the efforts to port PLC4J to C.

ApacheCon@Home will be having 3 talks where PLC4X is a main topic or a
sub-topic and we are looking forward to it.

## Community Health:

- dev@plc4x.apache.org had a 5% decrease in traffic in the past quarter (577
  emails compared to 602)
- issues@plc4x.apache.org had a 47% increase in traffic in the past quarter
  (270 emails compared to 183)
- 39 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (129% increase)
- 26 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (100% increase)
- 260 commits in the past quarter (-30% decrease)
- 13 code contributors in the past quarter (-7% decrease)
- 19 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (-45% decrease)
- 16 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (-52% decrease)
- 224 Github Stars (up by 23)
- 373 @ApachePLC4X Twitter account followers (up by 18)

Re: [DRAFT] September Board Report

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.