Posted to user@tika.apache.org by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/03 00:13:15 UTC

Logging

Tika appears to use two logging frameworks, Commons Logging and SLF4J.

Is that correct?

Commons Logging is used by;
tika-app
tika-parsers
tika-server

SLF4J is used by;
tika-batch
tika-core
tika-parsers
tika-translate

If I do a patch which way should I refactor? My personal preference is to
use SLF4J.

John

Re: Logging

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.
I think PMD or FindBugs might report that. It might be worth adding those
into the build servers task.

I'll work on a patch and will submit shortly.

John

RE: Logging

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
Hi John,