Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Luke Taylor <ne...@freesurf.ch> on 2007/02/20 15:23:25 UTC

Re: [Coding Conventions] TODO's in code

Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hey Emmanuel,

> However, I do agree, that until the repository
> functionality that scans for todo's in the code base
> and automatically puts them in something like a JIRA
> tracking system, so that JIRA has complete visibility,
> all TODO's that are open for collaboration should be
> in JIRA.

Maven's "taglist" plugin can produce a report of todos or other tags in
the code which allows you to track the easily

http://monkeymachine.eu/acegisecurity/acegi-security/taglist.html

Of course, we don't really have any so there's not a lot to see :).

--
 Luke Taylor.                      Monkey Machine Ltd.
 PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C            http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk

Re: [Coding Conventions] TODO's in code

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Brilliant!  Thanks Luke.  I guess all we really need
then is for that to run on the entire build, and build
a report.  Then when someone takes care of a todo,
they just remove it from the code, check it back into
subversion, and a subversion hook retriggers the
running of the report.

Thanks again,
- Ole

--- Luke Taylor <ne...@freesurf.ch> wrote:

> Ole Ersoy wrote:
> > Hey Emmanuel,

> > However, I do agree, that until the repository
> > functionality that scans for todo's in the code
> base
> > and automatically puts them in something like a
> JIRA
> > tracking system, so that JIRA has complete
> visibility,
> > all TODO's that are open for collaboration should
> be
> > in JIRA.

> Maven's "taglist" plugin can produce a report of
> todos or other tags in
> the code which allows you to track the easily

http://monkeymachine.eu/acegisecurity/acegi-security/taglist.html

> Of course, we don't really have any so there's not a
> lot to see :).
>

> --
>  Luke Taylor.                      Monkey Machine
> Ltd.
>  PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C
> http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk

Bored stiff? Loosen up...