Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Ascot Moss <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/16 18:02:07 UTC

Hive Metastore

Hi Drill team,

On the Drill documentation page,
https://drill.apache.org/docs/file-system-storage-plugin/, it states that
the IP address is required if HDFS is used.

• HDFS
      "connection": "hdfs://<IP Address>:<Port>/"
e.g. "connection": "hdfs://10.10.30.156:8020/"

My question is that: Does the current version of Apache Drill support HDFS
High Availability Using the Quorum ? i.e. Does current Drill version
support "dfs.nameservices" from the Hadoop High Availability Cluster?

Regards

Re: Hive Metastore

Posted by Ascot Moss <as...@gmail.com>.
I assume the <IP Address> should mean the IP of current ACTIVE namenode, if
current Drill version only supports "hdfs://<IP Address>:<Port>" format,
in Hadoop HA environment, it would be a problem to the Drill user when the
current active <IP Address> is demoted to STANDBY after namenode failover,
if it is the case, the availability of "file system storage" (most likely
and "hive" storage) would become unpredictable since Drill cannot support
HDFS HA environment.