Posted to user@spark.apache.org by jiehua <bj...@cn.ibm.com> on 2016/01/05 08:53:26 UTC

Security authentication interface for Spark

Hi  All,

We are using Spark 1.4.1/1.5.2 standalone mode and would like to add 3rd
party user authentication for Spark. We found for batch submission(cluster
mode, but not restful), there was Akka authentication (by security cookie to
ensure identical between both sides) while client connecting to master.
However we found if we wanted to add username/password or credential
authentication, we would have to change Akka source code.

 Is there anyway in Spark side to support this? Will Spark side expose any
security authentication interfaces to enable 3rd party security plugin?

Thanks.

Jie Hua