Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by James Tauber <jt...@jtauber.com> on 1999/11/16 10:14:56 UTC

manually moving directories

After looking at the CVS manual, the easiest thing to do would be for me to
manually move the directories on dev.apache.org. I'll do this on the
assumption that no one will have anything to commit yet.

If I break everything, I apologize in advance. I just figure these sorts of
drastic changes should be made as soon as possible.

James

Re: make under win 98

Posted by James Tauber <jt...@jtauber.com>.
> Hello,
> after installing the cygnus gnu tools make now works (thanks Eric), but
not for long.
> There seems to be a problem with the xsl style sheet. Here the messages:
[...]
> file:/C:/java/xml-fop/src/codegen/properties.xsl:11: variable "classname"
not de
> fined

You have to use a recent version of XT as the namespace URI for XSLT changed
and your version of XT isn't recognizing the stylesheet as a stylesheet.

James

Re: make under win 98

Posted by Alister Pillow <al...@n-space.com.au>.
I had the same problem until I got the latest version of XT.

--
Alister Pillow
N-Space Pty Ltd

Advanced web application design and development
http://www.n-space.com.au
mailto: alister@n-space.com.au
phone: (08) 8359 2470

Re: make under win 98

Re: manually moving directories

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> As long as I retain the right to commit *myself* (which may happen soon),
> then I'm happy. :-)

When you submit a patch; it goes in with the contributor;s name and email
address clearly marked as well as a short description of what the change
was and why it was made. So one can always find out where to send
beer/bomb letters if you (dis)like a change.

If you do not want the improvement to be attributed to you, make sure you
say so when you submit the patch!

Dw

Re: manually moving directories

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, James Tauber wrote:

> > Sounds very reasonable. I'm getting the CVS FAQ myself, and I'm going to
> > brush up. In the meantime (likely tomorrow) I'll send the files related to
> > fo:simple-link directly to you as a unit, diffs and otherwise, since you
> > mostly want to see how I am doing things, and I may not be ready to check
> > in stuff to CVS for 3-5 days, but I could use some input sooner.
>
> Sounds good. I think the way that Apache subprojects work is that to be able
> to commit to CVS yourself, you have to be voted by the existing committers
> to be "promoted" from developer to committer. Until that happens, you can
> send stuff to this list or to me and I (or some other committer) will commit
> it.

Well, there's no hurry with being "promoted". I'll send the first batch to
you and see what happens after that.

As long as I retain the right to commit *myself* (which may happen soon),
then I'm happy. :-)

Arved

Re: manually moving directories

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, James Tauber wrote:

> > Sounds very reasonable. I'm getting the CVS FAQ myself, and I'm going to
> > brush up. In the meantime (likely tomorrow) I'll send the files related to
> > fo:simple-link directly to you as a unit, diffs and otherwise, since you
> > mostly want to see how I am doing things, and I may not be ready to check
> > in stuff to CVS for 3-5 days, but I could use some input sooner.
>
> Sounds good. I think the way that Apache subprojects work is that to be able
> to commit to CVS yourself, you have to be voted by the existing committers
> to be "promoted" from developer to committer. Until that happens, you can
> send stuff to this list or to me and I (or some other committer) will commit
> it.

Quite correct. Meanwhile if you go to

	dev.apache.org

you will see some helpfull hint's on CVS and links to various places.
Notice the .cvsignore and .cvsrc settings which make your 'diff' among
things behave sensible. In general, once you managed to checkout your
first version. things get a lot easier. Basically you just do a 'cvs
update' to make sure you are in sync; then you hack for a couple of days
until you are happy with the result; and then you do a 'cvs diff >
patchfile'. And that is it :-)

Dw

Re: manually moving directories

Posted by James Tauber <jt...@jtauber.com>.