Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Andreas Schaefer (2)" <an...@madplanet.com> on 2007/10/16 19:40:58 UTC

Maven 2 Woes with ServiceMix 3.1.2

I downloaded the source of 3.1.2 and during building it I ran into a
quite bizarre issue with Maven 2:

andreas-schaefers-computer:~/Development/apache/apache-
servicemix-3.1.2/src/deployables/serviceengines/servicemix-script
schaefa$ mvn install -o
[INFO]
NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already
in your local
repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building ServiceMix :: Scripting Service Engine
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] [build:copy {execution: default}]
[INFO] [xbean:mapping {execution: default}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/concurrent/atomic/
AtomicBoolean
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/
concurrent/atomic/AtomicBoolean
         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:
2328)
         at java.lang.Class.getConstructors(Class.java:1446)
         at com.thoughtworks.qdox.JavaDocBuilder.createBinaryClass
(JavaDocBuilder.java:183)
         at com.thoughtworks.qdox.JavaDocBuilder.getClassByName
(JavaDocBuilder.java:119)
         at com.thoughtworks.qdox.model.ClassLibrary.getClassByName
(ClassLibrary.java:37)
         at com.thoughtworks.qdox.model.Type.getJavaClass(Type.java:98)
         at com.thoughtworks.qdox.model.JavaClass.getSuperJavaClass
(JavaClass.java:84)
         at
org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.loadElement
(QdoxMappingLoader.java:188)
         at
org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.loadElements
(QdoxMappingLoader.java:153)
         at
org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.loadNamespaces
(QdoxMappingLoader.java:107)
         at
org.apache.xbean.spring.generator.QdoxMappingLoader.loadNamespaces
(QdoxMappingLoader.java:101)
         at org.apache.xbean.maven.XBeanMojo.execute(XBeanMojo.java:160)
         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo
(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec
ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
334)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced
(Launcher.java:315)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
(Launcher.java:430)
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Oct 16 10:30:44 PDT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/21M

By just adding the following into the dependency list in the POM of
the servicemix-script project:

             <dependency>
                 <groupId>backport-util-concurrent</groupId>
                 <artifactId>backport-util-concurrent</artifactId>
                 <version>${backport-util-concurrent-version}</version>
             </dependency>

everything builds nicely and without any problems. Any ideas on why?

BTW I am using "-o" because I have a pretty slow connection here but
I made sure that everything was downloaded appropriately.

Thank you

Andreas Schaefer
CEO of Madplanet.com Inc.
andreas.schaefer@madplanet.com

Re: Maven 2 Woes with ServiceMix 3.1.2

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer (2)" <an...@madplanet.com>.
Hi Guillaume

On Oct 16, 2007, at 3:10 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> Try with maven >= 2.0.6 maybe ?

I am  using Maven 2.0.7

-Andy

Re: Maven 2 Woes with ServiceMix 3.1.2

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Try with maven >= 2.0.6 maybe ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Maven 2 Woes with ServiceMix 3.1.2

Posted by "d.santosh" <rs...@gmail.com>.
ideally it is used to
- override or configure the mirrors used.
- maintain a  different local repository for each project (if required).

I am able to run/build without any additional mirrors being configured :-)

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer (2)" <an...@madplanet.com>.

Posted by "d.santosh" <rs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer (2)" <an...@madplanet.com>.

Posted by "d.santosh" <rs...@gmail.com>.