Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Johan Wasserman <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/22 21:30:09 UTC

Muti Tenancy Portal

Can I use velocity to get decoration data from the user database?

I am trying to write a multi tenancy partal, where a user logs in, then as part of the login process, I need to store the databse name in the session, and get the decorator information, like logo, colors, etc from the users specific database.  I plan to dynamically create a session to the users database at login time (using hibernate)

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

Re: Muti Tenancy Portal

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Aug 22, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Johan Wasserman wrote:

> Can I use velocity to get decoration data from the user database?
>
> I am trying to write a multi tenancy partal, where a user logs in,
> then as part of the login process, I need to store the databse name
> in the session, and get the decorator information, like logo,
> colors, etc from the users specific database.  I plan to
> dynamically create a session to the users database at login time
> (using hibernate)

Velocity can access any Java object made available
In a decorator, just put your Java object (which accesses the
database via Hibernate) in the context and velocity templates can
pull it out