Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harish Ramesh <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/22 18:33:10 UTC

Simultaneous requests on tomcat

Hi,

   I am using the tomcat servlet engine as a
standalone server. I am sending all my request to port
8080. I want to know what is the limit on the number
of simultaneous requests that is handled by tomcat.
I would like to know all the limitations of tomcat in
this aspect. I am using tomcat on redhat linux 6.2
operating system.

I am developing a chat server and I want to configure
tomcat to handle atleast 2000 simultaneous requests.

I am currently recompiling the linux kernel to
increase the threads per user limit. Am I on the right
track could you throw some light on this.

Thank you

Harish

http://shopping.yahoo.com/