Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2006/04/06 06:40:34 UTC

{Validator] Problem parsing validation.xml

Hello... I'm playing with Validator a bit, and I'm having a problem I've
never seen before... I'm getting the following exception:

SEVERE: Parse Error at line 1 column 17: Document root element
"form-validation", must match DOCTYPE root "null".

This would seem to be saying it expects a doctype, but I've never seen an
example showing a doctype in validation.xml.  Can anyone shed some light
on this for me?  I have this entry in struts-config.xml:

  <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
    <set-property property="pathnames"
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml" />
  </plug-in>

And I have the validator-rules.xml pulled out of the Struts 1.2.9 distro,
and here is validation.xml:

<form-validation>
  <formset>
    <form name="testForm">
    </form>
  </formset>
</form-validation>

I *did* have a formset and all defined, but I figured let me back up a
step and see if just this will work.  testForm is a properly configured
DynaValidatorForm by the way.  Thanks!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Re: {Validator] Problem parsing validation.xml

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Yep, realized I did need a DTD a few seconds after I posted (didn't
think to look at mailreader unfortunately).  I looked at 5 different
Google results, not a single one showed it, and I frankly haven't used
it very much.  Found my friend Rick Reumann's learntechnology site, and
his example was very thorough.  Thanks James (and Rick!).

Frank

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
 From the validation.xml in mailreader...

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Never mind, I *did* forget the doctype, I found an example that showed
it.  Should be OK now, ignore the stupid user here :)

Frank