Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by dr...@sdf-eu.org on 2006/12/01 14:30:32 UTC

Re: Mysterious BXE not loading up issue

Hi Andreas,

When first trying the edit, BXE hangs with the orange splash screen
displayed having got as far as the "Import external XHTML ..." and stays
there until you hit refresh. [see down page for the browser code at this
point].

The "bxe_path not found orange box" seems to pop up briefly *during* the
first attempt at refreshing and doesn't require manually dismissing - but
it flashes so briefly that you can't read what it says before it
disappears.

I'll either take a video of the screen, pump up the processes to grind the
client to a halt or put a breakpoint in the BXE code depending on what
mood I'm in after lunch to read what the error is! :-)

Regards,

James

Code follows (n.b., XHTML 1.1)
----
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD
XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
content="catalistsh=http://www.ngrm.org.uk/xmlns/catalistsh/1.0"
name="bxeNS" /><meta
content="shform10=http://www.ngrm.org.uk/xmlns/shform10/1.0" name="bxeNS"
/><meta content="lenya=http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/page-envelope/1.0"
name="bxeNS" /><meta content="dc=http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
name="bxeNS" /><meta content="xhtml=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
name="bxeNS" />

<!-- Namespaces are doctype specific and will be added during aggregation
-->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/bxeng/css/editor.css" type="text/css" />
<!-- href="/bxeng/css/editor.css" -->

<script src="/bxeng/bxeLoader.js" type="text/javascript" />
<!-- src="/bxeng/bxeLoader.js" -->

<title>/default/authoring/exhibitions/awdry/awd001.html?lenya.usecase=bxeng&amp;lenya.step=config</title>

</head><body
onload="bxe_start('/default/authoring/exhibitions/awdry/awd001.html?lenya.usecase=bxeng&amp;lenya.step=config')">

<!-- everything in the following div element will be replaced -->
<noscript>
You need JavaScript enabled. Otherwise nothing at all works here
:)</span></noscript>

<!-- another way to do it without having to use xslt
-->

drseuk@sdf-eu.org
SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf-eu.org