Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Rakesh A <ia...@rediffmail.com> on 2014/04/01 08:43:46 UTC

Character ^ added to javascript blocks in Ajax response

Hi,
I am using Wicket v6.12.0, I observed that ^ character is getting added at
places in javascript blocks in Ajax response. I observed that its for Ajax
attributes with supports array like 'pre', 'bh', 'dep', etc.

Example:
"pre":[function(attrs){return false;}]^
"bh":[function(attrs){if (attrs.event.shiftKey) {
attrs.event.preventDefault(); }}]^
"dep":[function(attrs){return {'ctrlKey' : attrs.event.ctrlKey, 'shiftKey' :
attrs.event.shiftKey}}]^

Is it being added by Wicket?

I tried by adding "-Djavax.servlet.request.encoding=UTF-8
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" options to my tomcat startup, thinking its character
encoding issue, but that didn't help!

Thanks,
Rakesh.A

Re: Character ^ added to javascript blocks in Ajax response

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes. It is added by Wicket and is removed by Wicket before actual
processing.
This character is used as an escape character, so CDATA is not prematurely
ended.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting