Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2009/01/02 12:00:35 UTC

Who will be at ApacheCon Europe?

Hi folks,

ApacheCon Europe (http://www.eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/) is ahead and
it might be a good idea to meet - and to show you around a bit if it is
your first ApacheCon ... :-)

I will be there already on Monday to join the Hackathon ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: Who will be at ApacheCon Europe?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Janne Jalkanen <ja...@iki.fi> wrote:
>> +) don't know your local tax rules but you should be able to deduct the
>> expenses from your income tax - at least it is worth a try
>> +) even your company might sponsor you regarding the feedback you bring
>> from ApacheCon
>
> Well, considering the economic/environmental situation I am surprised
> *anyone* gets permission to travel these days.

So true.

The trick is to propose a good technical session on JSPWiki. If you
get accepted, ApacheCon offers assistance to speakers that typically
includes a night (or two?) of hotel and airfare. Unfortunately, the
call-for-papers deadline for ApacheCon EU 2009 has passed.

- Dave

Re: Who will be at ApacheCon Europe?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@iki.fi>.
> +) don't know your local tax rules but you should be able to deduct the
> expenses from your income tax - at least it is worth a try
> +) even your company might sponsor you regarding the feedback you bring
> from ApacheCon

Well, considering the economic/environmental situation I am surprised
*anyone* gets permission to travel these days.

/Janne

Re: Who will be at ApacheCon Europe?

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Janne,

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@iki.fi>.

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Janne,

+) remembering the prices in Amsterdam I would count the big notes and
not the pennies

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.