Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2003/01/09 23:15:47 UTC

Re: site search strategies

I'm also interested... I've been having to create individual search
functions for each aspect of my application... ie. customer search,
product search, etc.

getting tired of adding LIKE criteria to every object :)

but so far it has worked for me, except finding "t shirt" from "t-shirt"
is a bit more complicated and natural language processing is not my area
of expertise.

I've looked at lucene http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene but it requires
everything to be static as far as I can tell, and writing out every page
to a static file seems like doubling the database...

Jeff Painter

Re: site search strategies

Posted by Fabio Daprile <fa...@wuerth-phoenix.com>.
Hello,

personally i've made the choice of storing all files into the DB (i use
mysql), so i can perform a search on all data and file contents.
I have very good performance.

Fabio

Jeffery Painter wrote:

>which database are you using?
>
>I was just taking a look at mysql with it's fulltext indexing and match
>function... not too portable but worth a look.
>
>Jeff
>

>--

Fabio Daprile

Würth Phoenix srl - GmbH
Via Kravoglstrasse 4
39100 Bolzano / Bozen
Tel.  +39 0471 564 111 - (direct 564068)
Fax  + 39 0471 564 122
fabio.daprile@wuerth-phoenix.com

http://www.wuerth-phoenix.com
http://www.wuerth.com