Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/04/01 19:10:01 UTC

Struts Action Mappings/ Action configuration properties

Subject: Struts Action Mappings/ Action configuration properties
From: "Jim Poulsen" <jp...@metamatrix.com>
 ===
I just completed my first Struts based web application and have a few things
that i would like to bring up to see what people think of them.

I had to override the ActionServlet implementation so that the Action
instances would be mapped by 'path' name and not by 'class name'.  I was
deploying the same Action class several times in my struts-config file and
the original ActionServlet implementation was mapping them over one another
in the Action map.  This seems bad.

Also, it would be very helpful to be able to specify Action instance
specific properties in the struts-config file.  This seems to be a major
hindrance to the re-use of Action classes for different purposes.  I got
around this limitation by adding forward mappings to my actions mappings in
the struts-config file that contained property information in the 'path'
attribute.  This is a nice workaround and seems to work fine.

just my 2 cents worth. anybody else have these issues?