Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2021/10/14 13:11:44 UTC

TopicStream and sorting?

I’m experimenting with extracting data from a Solr collection using the TopicStream, and it appears that the order of the documents that I get back is always based on the _version_?

I thought I could add a sort parameter, but that doesn’t seem to be part of what the topic stream does….  Is the idea of changing the way the Topic sends back document to be able to sorted, say on id, go against the goals of the TopicStream?

I know I could maybe wrap the topic stream in a sort(), but then I’d be loading all my data into memory.

Thoughts?

Eric
_______________________
Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: TopicStream and sorting?

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

The topic stream emulates a FIFO queue so it only knows about version. One
thing that would be really nice would be a Streaming Expression wrapper
around cursor mark queries, which supports sorting. The CursorStream would
fit nicely along side the TopicStream and ExportStream.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/