Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Castor <yg...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/28 14:26:18 UTC

JSR-303 Hibernate Validator with Karaf

Hello, i'm trying to use Bean Validations with Karaf, but i'm having no
success.

First of all, i installed the hibernate-bean-validation feature and added
javax.validation and org.hibernate.validator to my Manifest, with no
success, so i found some references:

http://jungsbluth.de/magnus/blog/2009/07/18/having-fun-with-jsr-303-beans-validation-and-osgi-spring-dm/
http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Bean-Validation-td4044140.html

And

https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-validator/blob/master/osgi/integrationtest/src/test/java/org/hibernate/validator/osgi/integrationtest/OsgiIntegrationTest.java

Seems to me that i have to wrap the hibernate validator on my own, so a
created the following factory:

public class KarafValidationProviderResolver implements
ValidationProviderResolver {

  public final static ValidatorFactory getInstance() {
    return Validation.byProvider(HibernateValidator.class)
      .providerResolver(new
KarafValidationProviderResolver()).configure().buildValidatorFactory();
  }

  @Override
  public List<ValidationProvider&lt;?>> getValidationProviders() {
    return Collections.<ValidationProvider&lt;?>> singletonList(new
HibernateValidator());
  }

}

And in my applicationContext i created:

<bean id="validatorFactory"
class="br.com.pcsist.winthor.core.servico.KarafValidationProviderResolver"
    factory-method="getInstance" />

The bean seems to be created ok, but when i autowire the validator and run
validator.validate(object); I have the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No target Validator set
        at
org.springframework.util.Assert.notNull(Assert.java:115)[109:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core:4.2.9.RELEASE_1]
        at
org.springframework.validation.beanvalidation.SpringValidatorAdapter.validate(SpringValidatorAdapter.java:252)[107:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context:4.2.9.RELEASE_1]

I'm not sure how to solve that.