Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Waqas Badar <wa...@panasiangroup.com> on 2010/05/12 06:23:48 UTC

Unexpected TType error on web traffic increase

Dear all,

We are using Cassandra on website. Whenever website traffic increases,
we got the following error (Python):

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pycassa/columnfamily.py",
line 199, in multiget
	   self._rcl(read_consistency_level))

	 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pycassa/connection.py",
line 114, in client_call
	   return getattr(self._client, attr)(*args, **kwargs)

	 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
line 346, in multiget_slice
	   return self.recv_multiget_slice()

 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
line 368, in recv_multiget_slice
	   result.read(self._iprot)

	 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
line 1767, in read
	   fastbinary.decode_binary(self, iprot.trans, (self.__class__,
self.thrift_spec))

	TypeError: Unexpected TType

Any body also has got this issue ever? I Google on it but no help found.
We are using pycassa for Cassandra connectivity. Cassandra version is
0.5.1

Can anybody also guide how should we use Cassandra for website e.g. as
on each page access there is a new process start so how can we implement
connection pooling on website for Cassandra?

Re: Unexpected TType error on web traffic increase

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like the sort of error you'd see if you were using
thread-unsafe Thrift clients on multiple threads.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra